Home  |  Translate
DuPage High School District 88 is committed to providing an accessible website and ensuring content on this site is available to all stakeholders and the general public. If you experience difficulty with the accessibility of any material on this website and its associated pages, please CLICK HERE or go to www.dupage88.net/Accessibility.
district88 logo

Mission Statement: District 88 mission: To work for the continuous improvement of student achievement. Through that mission, District 88 schools have been named as Top Schools in America by Newsweek and the Washington Post.


Health Services

Nurse: Judy Campbell

Phone: (630) 628-3335

Addison Trail Health Services

A Certified School Nurse, a Registered Nurse, and a Licensed Practical Nurse are on duty from 6:45 am to 3:15 pm. Daily in room 161.

Phone Number: 630 628 3334
Fax Number: 630 628 4189

Health Services provides a range of services:

Ninth-grade ONLY: Physical and immunization requirements for 2020-2021:

A ninth-grade physical is required for all incoming freshmen. Check with your doctor to make sure your ninth-grade physicals and immunizations for the 2020-2021 school year. Along with the required ninth-grade physical on the State of Illinois form, please make sure your physician reviews the immunizations and had included ONE DOSE of Meningococcal conjugate (MCV4) after the age of 11, Tdap, Polio, Hepatitis B, two doses of Varicella (Chicken pox) and list the two doses of MMR (measles, mumps, rubella.) See the form at https://www.dupage88.net/site/public/files/?item=3322 (English) or https://www.dupage88.net/site/public/files/?item=3323 (Spanish).

Ninth-grade ONLY: Dental Examination requirements for 2020-2021:

See the links below for important information.

Twelfth-grade ONLY: Requirements for the 2020-2021 school year:

Meningococcal conjugate (MCV4) vaccination is required.

All students entering twelfth grade or higher are required to have two doses of the Meningococcal conjugate (MCV4.) Only one dose is required if twelfth-graders received the first dose on or after their 16th birthday.

Forms for all students:
DuPage County Health Department letter - Vaccination reminder

Physical Form Letter English

Physical Form Letter Spanish/Español

Medication Authorization

Release of Immunization Records Form

Eye Exam

Eye Exam Waiver

Frequently asked questions:

Q. What health requirements are needed for my incoming freshman?
The School Code of Illinois requires each student to have a current physical exam within one year of the first day of school, including all required immunizations on the Illinois Certificate of Child Health Examination form. These immunizations include Diphtheria, Pertussis, Tetanus, Polio, Measles, Mumps, Rubella and Hepatitis B. Parents objecting to immunizations on religious grounds shall present a signed statement of such objections, including which immunizations they are objecting to, and present the statement to Health Services, along with the ninth-grade physical. The physicals are required during registration in August.

Q. I have a doctor’s note to be excused from Physical Education (PE)?
A physician’s note is required to excuse a student from PE for more than three days. Please bring the note to the Health Services. If a physician’s note states that they are out PE until further notice, a new note will be required to return to PE.

Q. What does a student do if he/she is unable to attend Physical Education for one to three days?
The student should report to the Nurse’s Office to discuss symptoms/reasons he/she cannot participate in PE. If they need to miss PE for more than three days, a doctor’s note is required.

Q. If a student is on crutches, has an ortho boot, or has an arm sling, what accommodations are available?
We will issue an elevator pass and a 5-minute pass. This pass will allow the student the use of the elevator and to leave class 5 minutes before the bell to get to where they need to go without the hallway crowds.

Q. My student cannot participate in regular Physical Education?
The student is required to provide a physician’s note stating diagnosis and physical limitations.

Q. How do I get a copy of my student’s health record?
If they are a current student we will make a copy of the health record. Former students will need to complete the Authorization for Release of Immunization Records form before the records can be released to the student or faxed to their school. Health physicals are kept for 60 years.

Q. How do I contact the Health Office?
Normal school hours are 6:45 AM to 3:15 PM. The phone number is 630-628-3334. The fax number is 630-628 4189.

Q. What should I do if my student is ill before school?
If your student has a fever, please keep them at home. Anyone with a fever over 100 will be sent home. Students with a rash will be sent home for an evaluation by a physician. All absences should be reported to the Attendance Office (630) 628-3333.

Q. What do I do when I feel sick at school?
The student should come to Health Services with a pass from their teacher. The nurse will contact a parent/guardian or emergency contact (if the parent is unavailable) to obtain permission from the parent or guardian for the student to leave school. We try to contact a parent/guardian before contacting your emergency person to assure that parents know their student is leaving school.

Q. My student is having surgery or has an illness that will keep them out of school for an extended period of time, who should I contact?
Please contact the School Nurse, Health Services 630 628 3334, so that we can make arrangements for homework and any other accommodations that may be necessary.

Under certain conditions, the school may provide a tutor for homebound instruction. Homebound instruction may be available, in most cases, to students with a physical or mental health problem, which in the opinion of a licensed medical examiner, will cause an absence from school for more than two consecutive weeks. Certain courses cannot be tutored because of the inability to duplicate course activities and content in a home setting.

Q. Are vision exams required on all students?
Some students will be given a vision and hearing screening during high school. Vision screening is not a substitute for a complete eye and vision exam by an eye doctor. Your child is not required to have this vision screening if an optometrist or ophthalmologist has completed and signed a report form indicating that an exam has been administered within the previous 12 months.

Q. What are the school guidelines for medication while at school?
Guidelines for the administration of medication during the school day:


Name Phone Schedule Contact
Judy Campbell
(630) 628-3335
Denise Flores
(630) 628-3336
Erika Roman
Department Secretary
(630) 628-3334
Addison Trail High School
213 N. Lombard Road Addison, IL 60101
Phone: 630-628-3300 Fax: 630-628-0177
Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy
Follow us on TwitterFollow us on Facebook
RSS Feed